May 07, 2013

The Liebster Award





I was equal parts surprised and suspicious as I read that I have been nominated for a Liebster award by Queen of Bad Timing, but after reading through the details, realised that this was a fun way of getting to know more bloggers and readers. 

I have read some of the nominated blogs, and the purpose of this award is to:
- answer 11 questions set for me by another blogger 
- state 11 facts about myself
- create 11 questions of my own for 11 blogs I picked out for the same award. 

Pretty fun stuff, like a pay it forward movement, for the little blogs! (I say little, because one of the rules is the 11 blogs i nominate next must not have more than 200 followers.) It sounds like a nice, relatively unobtrusive way to explore more blogs and know each other better!


So my nominated blogs are: 



11 questions for me to answer:


1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what could it be?
    a good steak. or any variation of beef.

2. What is your favourite restaurant?
    I don't have one, to be honest most of the best food I have eaten isn't even in or from restaurants.

3. What is your favourite book?
    Right now it's the Game of Thrones series, of all time is probably anything by Christopher
Isherwood, A Single Man made me cry! (the movie did too.)

4. What is your favourite blog?
    London Drawings, a whimsical English blog with the loveliest drawings and design.

5. Who would you choose to cook a meal if you could ask anyone?
    My passed great grandmother, just to see her in action. Anthony Bourdain or Jamie Oliver if i am allowed to dream. 

6. Who's your favourite musician?
    Joe Hisaishi

7. What did you eat today?
    Some Korean beef bulgogi, bit of kimchi and rice. (I haven't actually done groceries this week.)

8. What was the last movie you watched?
    In The Mood For Love, by Wong Kar Wai, for my film class.

9. What sandwich filling is the best combination?
    tuna salad! or some bacon and avocado! mmm

10. What song always stuck in your head?
     It switches from time to time - right now it's Bom Bom, by Sam and The Womp.

11.What flavour starburst is the worst?
     I don't eat a lot of starburst! but i don't like berries so probably the strawberry flavour. 



11 facts about myself:

1. I feel nervous when people ask me whether I prefer cats or dogs.
2. I am more willing to spend money on books than food.
3. I am uncomfortable when things are not in even numbers. 
4. I spend half my time in the supermarket arranging and re-arranging my groceries on my trolley. 
5. I suffer from trichotillomania. 
6. The best moment of my day is getting into my car to drive home, and singing at the top of my lungs.
7. Sometimes I lose track of time in the shower because I am reading the labels on shower items.
8. I love Shanghai. 
9. Being in authority makes me pleased.
10. I don't eat Kraft cheese slices. 
11. There is a underlying fear in me that I will inherit my grandfather's heart defect. 



My 11 questions for the nominees: 

1. What's your favourite pizza topping? 
2. What's your favourite thing to do on a weekend afternoon?
3. Is there a go-to recipe in your life? 
4. If you watched any cartoons in your life, what was it? 
5. What's the best thing about the country you're living in now?
6. If you could go to any country to have just one meal, where and what would it be?
7. What's your favourite cereal? 
8. Do you have any pets? 
9. What is the one thing you will never, ever eat? 
10. If you could swap places with someone for a day, who would it be and why? 
11. This one's free; just tell me anything you want! (: 



That was actually more difficult than I thought, but it was definitely fun and I enjoyed it lots. Anyway, hello to anyone who wandered back here through this award, and have fun if you are going to do this! 



5 comments:

  1. Awww... Thanks for the nomination Wenny! What a great concept! I better start my list of nominees now :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! I hope you have fun, and i'm looking forward to reading yours! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Wendy. Thanks so much for the nomination. I love this idea and am checking out all of the blogs on your list. In the meantime, I'm working on my responses to your questions (they are making me think!) and will have a post up soon. By the way, I'm totally with you on Kraft cheese and Starburst flavors :) Best, Stephanie at 30-something Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! you're very welcome, i'm so glad my questions didn't turn out mundane. (Kraft cheese slices really makes me sad.) I hope you have fun and i look forward to reading yours! :0

      Delete
    2. OK, here it is...the answers to your questions, facts about me and new nominees: http://30somethingtravel.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/the-liebster-award.html. Thanks again!

      Delete